Thursday 9 August 2012

Procrastinating..... pt. 1

I always procrastinate, you all know the feeling, the end of the night when the makeup has to come off, and you have to go back to boy mode for... well... the amount of time is different for all of us (until the 19th for me, unless I sneak in an evening), but that amount of time is always too long.

Anyway, real reason I wanted to make a quick post was to not lose this poem. I ran across a fantastic blog a while ago, and since I'm new to all of this blogging stuff I don't know if its kosher to just randomly link to someone's blog, so I'll look into that and update later, but regardless, a poem was posted there that I wanted to lock in stone as it were on the wild interwebs, somewhere I can find it later. Here it is:


The Voice by Shel Silverstein

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
“I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong.”
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What’s right for you – just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.

ok, time to take the face off......

1 comment:

  1. I always loved Shel's music and poetry. I started following him back in the '70s when his album "freakin' at the freakers ball" came out.

    ReplyDelete