Wednesday 22 May 2013

Confirmed

I sat down with a guy at work today to tell him about me... well, to confirm it at the very least. After we chitchat for a few minutes, I say to him with a grin on my face "so!, have you heard the rumors?"

He laughs and replies, "the Greek crowd found out, that means everyone knows, you know that"

Told my director, no problem, he was worried that I was about to tell him I had found another job, hehe. I even brought up "oh boy, the next business trip is going to be interesting!"... he laughed as much as I did... but he never said "well, maybe we can't send you anymore", nothing like that slipped by at all... awesome

Found out that the Italian old timers (not that they're that old, just that they've been here for ever) on the other side of the company all found out as well, and no one seems to have any issues in any way shape or form either, from what I understand the average opinion is it's my life to live and if this is what I need then that's just fine. Nothing wrong with that at all

Confirmed as well that a few of the girls figured it out on their own, they actually noticed the changes.

That company wide email may not even be necessary... hell, will I even make it another 6 weeks?, heheheh

What a wild ride.


1 comment:

  1. Dawn, that is just fantastic. I just wish that my coming out at work had been half as positive. All of my colleagues except 2 were brilliant, even though it didn't go according to plan. I had already told Alan, company's owner, and he was great about it. I was seen out in my hometown of Yeovil by a colleague on a saturday afternoon. By Monday afternoon the whole company knew and I was amazed at the support I had. Only certain middle management members were against me and were the cause of my eventual resignation. However, I did make sure that I came out on top with some money in the bank and a new job. I am so pleased that things are working out well for you and I wish a great future.

    ReplyDelete